- Sleep- it’s a must and I never get enough during the rest of the year… now if only those birds would sleep in too!
- Starlight picnic- It combines two of my favorite things- eating and stargazing. What could be better… okay, maybe if it’s on a beach J
- Climb one of the Adirondack’s high peaks- which is just about all of them except Pocomoonshine, Whiteface, and Silver Lake Mountain. There’s no greater feeling than standing on the precipice and looking down at a sea of green trees and ribbons of rivers and lakes.
- Attend the Romance Writers Association of America’s National Conference in San Antonio, TX where our book, CAMP BOYFRIEND will be honored as a finalist in the Booksellers Best Awards banquet and we’ll be signing Book #2 in our series, CAMP PAYBACK.
- Teach my dogs, Lizzie and Little Bit, to stay. Seriously. It’s embarrassing how wide a berth our strolling neighbors give our house when my ‘ferocious’, twenty pound Cavalier King Cocker spaniels charge out at them. Yikes.
- Grill Salmon. Simple, right? Everyone does it. Everyone but me. This is the year I take my hot dog and hamburger barbeque skills to the next level. Watch your back, Bobby Flay!
- Wear a two piece… okay this is a long shot given my persistent need to lose ten pounds and the fact that it’s already June- but maybe if I suck it in? Then again, if I wear the one piece, I can eat as much barbeque as I like…
- Attend the Jazz festival- or any cool summer festival in Montreal, CA. They have the best international fireworks competitions, parades and other activities that makes this a city I always want to visit in the summer.
- Have a gourmet s’mores night with friends. I want to buy German chocolate and toasted coconut-covered marshmallows for German chocolate s’mores and strawberry marshmallows and dark chocolate for truffle s’mores, and Peanut Butter Cups and milk chocolate with regular marshmallows to make Reeses s’mores. (Bucket List Item #7 is looking more and more unlikely- lol)
- Drop my daughter, Danielle, off for her freshman year in college and not cry… much. It’s going to be SO hard to leave her although I’m very proud that she’s going to the college of her dreams. Still, she’s not just a daughter, but a friend and I’ll miss her dearly. Good thing for Skype!!!
Enter to win this awesome Giveaway from SUSAN KAYE QUINN by "liking” my facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/karenrockwrites and letting me know that you did so by commenting on this blog BELOW. Be sure to include your mailing address in your comment in order for your to be eligible to win Susan's wonderful prize:
Win bookmarks for Susan Kaye Quinn's new steampunk fantasy romance series, The Dharian Affairs Trilogy (Third Daughter, Second Daughter, First Daughter), including a sneak peek at the cover for the not-yet-released third book, First Daughter. In addition, win a paperback copy of the first episode of her future-noir serial, The Debt Collector.
My number for the grand prize giveaway is: 1
The link to the next stop on the hunt is with CESYA MARAE CUONO www.cesyacuonobooks.blogspot.com
Or, if you have all of your numbers and are ready to enter, then hop across to the Summer Reads Scavenger Hunt Entry Form.